RSS Feed

Thanks…

Posted on

I have been sitting at this computer for hours now, trying to find the right words to say thanks for all your love and support over the past few months. I’ve written about eleven different attempts so far, and still none seem to adequately articulate the way in which your actions have touched me. To say that I’m overwhelmed would be an understatement; to say that I am humbled doesn’t even begin to scratch the surface. I suppose all I can really say is that my life has been forever changed, not because I have cancer, but as a result of the love, support, and generosity you’ve all shown me. I know that I have been given a gift. To be the recipient of so much love, compassion, and generosity, from family and close friends, old friends, acquaintances, and complete strangers on the other side of the world, is simply indescribable. So let me just say this: Thank you for allowing me to answer the question, “who did you turn to?” like this, “I didn’t have to turn. I woke up from surgery and everyone was there.”

-JQ

Advertisements

6 responses »

1. You are awesome, Jay, and that is why we LOVE you so much! Keep fighting, kid; we are all behind you!!!
    Sarah

2. Though I was not able to make a monetary donation, I have a large Prayer Group who join me daily in offering you and many others up in prayer. Your courage and positive attitude is such a powerful blessing. GOD be with you and bring your safely back to his wonderful healing powers. Pearl

3. Love ya Jay!!!!!! (Hugs). Youre the toughest person I know and we’re pullin for you!!

4. Beautifully said, how ever no need for thanks, I
    love you, and I am so proud of you every day, Love mom

5. We will be there beside you always, with love and support.
    We have shared so much together as families and friends and this is part of our continued journey.
    With so much love and prayer
    Kathy, Tom and Joseph

6. So happy to hear things are going well. You are in my prayers every day. Keep up the good work! Maura Powers